Sunday 8 April 2012

Sunny Sunday

At the beginning of the street (but technically the end of our roam)
I can't remember when was the last time I set foot at the Sunday Market so I decided to go along with a friend who was showing around his surfers. The market holds no appeal for me as I don't really enjoy jostling elbows or pushing through a crowd of sweaty people who have taken root to whose attention is held by something fascinating at a stall. As with any flea market one can find almost everything here. Turtles, ducks, little furballs, mice, plants, and of course handicrafts and street food.


The Sunday Market was sometimes the highlight of a family outing. I remember my brother being lost here. I enjoyed it a lot when I was a kid; eating junkfood, petting fluffy dogs or cats and always wishing for something I could never have, ah the bliss of childhood. Now I can barely stand being wet from the humidity but it's always nice to come and see what new fad or silly miracle tonic is being sold in the market :)


Fighting fishes


Real life image of Pixar "The Birds"

If I was little, I'd be prodding and petting them :p
Oldest store on the street
Still doing things the old fashion way


















My maternal grandfather had a grocer store before, I wonder if this was what it was like in his shop.

No comments: