Tuesday 11 September 2012

Macam dunia sempit karena CS


With Couchsurfing the world becomes small.........................................................................
Never truer after meeting Horia this weekend, a sensitive intrepid traveller. My host,James, from Solo, Indonesia got in touch with me to help out his friend who was about to make his way to North Borneo. While sharing our Indonesian experiences we found out we had a mutual friend in Erik,whom we've recently caught up with while Erik is exploring Indonesia, Horia in Makassar and I in Bali. Later, after we got him settled in my home, we discovered more mutual friends as he added me to his FB. "YOU KNOW FATMA AND YOHANN TOO?"
Serendipitous chance or not I thought of putting up a rough timeline of all our meetings!



5 years ago Horia befriends Erik after reading his travelblog http://tchecossais.blogspot.com

Last year Horia met Fatma in Papua,Indonesia

Erik craving for roti in the local mamak
April2012 I meet Erik in Kota Kinabalu.

Fatma and Yohann right at the back!
June 2012 I meet Fatma and Yohann in Kota Kinabalu.

July 2012 Horia meets Yohann in Gorantalo, Sulawesi,Indonesia

Typical Asian style picture with their peace signs,also Horia never smiles! 
July 2012 Horia finally meets Erik in Makassar,Sulawesi,Indonesia

A day out in Paris beach (short for Parangtritis)


After a tiring day in Paris beach, we head to ViaVia cafe in Prawirotaman Rd, based on Jame's recommendation

August2012 I stay with Fatma in Yogyakarta,Java,Indonesia
                   I stay with James in Solo, Java, Indonesia

At Taman Ayun,having a babi guling lunch, a signature Balinese meal.
1st September 2012 I catch up with Erik in Bali,Lesser Sunda,Indonesia

Horia and his trademark killer shot
10th September 2012  I meet Horia in Kota Kinabalu

He plans on coming back to Kalimantan,Indonesia Borneo, which I've never been to and lately I have been curious about the stomach of Borneo,google the map and you can see I live in the head of Borneo (rather like a dog's!). Next travel destination perhaps! I heard of a big cultural festival in November,so I may head down south sooner than expected!

1 comment:

FatStuby said...

who's the next cs link? maybe in Italy, do you have cs friend? me n my friends are planning to visit Italy first of march 2013 :)